Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Day

I am thoroughly enjoying having all of my family around for a couple of days. My youngest son, Ryan flew in Saturday from Iraq, and my oldest, Jonathan flew in yesterday from Albuquerque. My daughter, Kara lives here in town. This morning I woke up early for a time of Bible study and prayer before the household woke up. As they started waking up, I cooked breakfast and then just enjoyed sitting at the table and visiting with my husband and Jonathan for a while(Ryan went fishing all night and had not made it in yet). Jonathan eventually got up and went to the piano and called me in there. We sang and he played awhile and ended up with him playing and singing some songs that he has recently written. It's always amazing to see what God is doing through our children. Kara then came over to bring her baby, Nolan, for me to babysit while she ran some errands. Ryan came in and so we all sat and talked and marveled over the baby for a while. The boys left for the mall. Nolan was not feeling well so most of the afternoon I just sat and held him or walked him around. I must say I did not mind it one bit. When his mommy came and picked him up, I made a quick trip to the grocery store. Tonight I cooked what we call soft tacos (I've recently been told there's a more accurate name for this recipe).
Soft Tacos: scramble hamburger meat in skillet, in saucepan mix a can of tomato sauce with about 1/2 cup taco or picante sauce, in another saucepan heat an inch or two of oil
Dip a corn tortilla in hot oil for a few seconds, then dip it in tomato sauce mixture, place it on plate and fill with ground beef. Fill taco with cheese, onions and whatever else you might like on it. Fold over and top with more sauce.
The whole family was there for supper along with my nephew, Stephen and brother-in-law, Rocky. After supper and visiting a little while everyone scattered and my dear husband helped me clean up the kitchen. I was very grateful for his help. To all of you young mothers, enjoy those children while their at home. When they grow up and leave home it's very hard to get them all together at one time. So, even though I'm very tired, I'm savoring every minute of being with my kids and not looking forward to saying goodbye again. It's amazing the tasks involved in caring for them that used to seem so hard, now have become a priviledge.

1 comment:

  1. See, and here I am with a 2 and 4 year year old and I can't wait to get them out of my hair! :)
    Just kidding. I love them to death. I wonder what I'll feel like when they are gone. Relieved? Anxious? Relaxed? Lonely?

    ReplyDelete