Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hebrews 12:1-2 Keep On Going!

My husband and I just came back from walking. This new year we resolved to start running (which turned into walking, we were over ambitious) and try to eat healthier. We found out we are fair weather exercisers. Last week was pretty cold, so we didn't make it out. Well, I could tell it tonight. The same is true with my spiritual walk. When I let other things come in and interfere with my daily walk with God I can really tell the difference.
Today, I also started a much neglected task of cleaning out and organizing my paperwork. There were so many old useless papers in my files I didn't have room for the more current, important papers. Does that remind you of your life at times? Do our days become filled with things that have no eternal importance? Are they cluttered up with things that waste time and have no real purpose? Are these things crowded out time with God, time with family, time to serve God?
...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment