Wednesday, February 11, 2009

...As A Little Child


Mark 10:15 ...Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Even though I am not homeschooling any longer, this week I took out one of my favorite homeschool unit studies to read for myself, as a devotional. The first week of this unit study has been so refreshing spiritually to me. It is teaching the basics of what Christianity is all about, which is: having a personal, living, and vital relationship with Jesus Christ. It is a week to renew your personal and family commitment to Christ, and a time to establish the discipline of daily prayer. As I read the scriptures and pray the very basic prayers focused on this week, I have been so blessed. As an adult we make things so complicated sometimes. Even prayer. I must admit, I have had so many things on my mind and so many things to do lately that it has been difficult to have a meaningful prayer time, if one at all. When I woke up this morning, I was not in the best of moods, I'll admit. A scripture from yesterday about praise came to my mind and I was just not feeling it. Todays prayer focus was: Pray that the Lord will help you grow spiritually in your christian walk. Pray specifically for help in establishing daily disciplines of prayer and time in the Word of God. Pray for your neighbors. Even though I've been a christian many years I really felt a need to pray these prayers. Just remembering my need of a closer walk, of the importance of this prayer time and time in the Word, and even remembering the needs of my neighbors and the responsibility I have to them, ignited something in me and in my prayer time that I needed today. Don't feel silly praying childlike prayers, for unless you become as a child, you cannot enter the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment