Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lots of Advantages to Being Meek

I just sat down to clean off my desk and I ran across a page of notes I had written on meekness. There are so many blessings for the meek. I wanted to share this with you and I pray it will inspire you to let God cultivate a meek spirit in you.
Psalm 37:11 "...the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
Psalm 25:19 "The meek will He guide in judgement: and the meek will He teach His way." (I often need a lot of guidance.)
Psalm 76:8,9 "Thou didst cause judgement to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still, When God arose to judgement, to save all the meek of the earth."
Psalm 147:6 "The Lord lifteth up the meek: He casteth the wicked down to the ground."
Proverbs 14:29 "For the Lord taketh pleasure in His people: He will beautify the meek with salvation."
Matthew 5:5 " Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 11:29 " Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest to your souls."

Meek - mild of temper; soft; gentle; not easily provoked or irritated; yielding; given to forbearance under injuries; humble; submissive to the divine will; not proud, self-sufficient or refractory(stubborn).

1 comment:

  1. I pray that God would help me to be meek. More often than not, I am just the opposite and I only realize it too late.
    Thank you for sharing this lesson on meekness.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete