Friday, April 24, 2009

Thank God for His Mercy

I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him He's always near.
This is the first verse of the hymn, "He Lives". I was cleaning house this morning and heard a preacher on the radio read the words of this verse. The lines, "I see His hand of mercy" and "And just the time I need Him He's always near" really stood out to me. I must admit I've had a pretty rotten attitude lately concerning some frustrations in my world. One day last week I made myself drop to my knees and ask God for help. I know God is always in control, but it wasn't really feeling like it. And I must say, even in prayer, I wasn't feeling too prayerful or trusting. Well, guess what, just at the moment I needed wisdom dealing with a situation, a verse came to mind that showed me just what I should do, and it worked. The amazing thing to me though, was not that it worked, but that God even heard me and answered my prayer in spite of my nasty attitude. He really is a God of mercy, and always near!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that His love for us is not based on our attitude, feelings or our good works! "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony of Christ faithfulness to us! ;) I have been in the same situations and am ever grateful to have the ability by His grace to call on Him for power, endurance and strength!!
    Thank you for sharing this and encouraging many!!!

    Blessings~ Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete