Saturday, April 4, 2009

Input=Output

I've started being very conscious of what is on my mind when I wake up in the mornings. I started thinking about this on Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning I woke up with the words to this song going over and over in my mind, "I will worship You, I will praise your name forever!". On Wednesday it was, "I go to the Rock of my salvation, I go to the Stone that the builders rejected, ...When the earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the solid Rock I stand. When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock." On Thursday it was the old song "What will it be when we get over yonder, and join the throng upon the glassy sea. We'll see our loved ones and crown Christ forever. This is just what heaven means to me" (I haven't heard this song in forever). On Friday: "Jesus, When I speak His name mountains move, chains are loosed. When I speak His name darkness flees death has no hold on me...". I find myself singing these songs, that I wake up with, all throughout the day. It's not always a song. Often, like this morning, I wake up with just the name of Jesus on my mind. What a wonderful way to start the day. I'm reminded of the kids song that says input=output. It is very important what we feed our minds with. What is allowed in is what feeds us through the night and through the day. As difficult circumstances arose through the week, the words to these songs were there to strengthen me. At other times, they are there to encourage others with. Colossians 3:16-17 says"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Romans 12:2 says"And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Another word for prove is demonstrate. If we are to demonstrate for this world what God really wants the Christian life to look like, we must let the things that go into our minds make us different(transform us) than the world. Music is such a powerful tool. Let it, especially, be used to transform and edify you and those around you. Psalms 42:8 "...in the night His song shall be with me." Psalm 149:5 "Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their bed."

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Sharon!!! :)
    How true...... it makes such a difference
    when we start our day thinking Christ centered
    thoughts!!! I love the idea about singing scripture filled hymns when one arises.... May the Lord bless you richly thank you for such a thought provoking and encouraging post!

    Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon,

    I wanted to come by and say hello! Thank you for following my blog. I look forward to getting to know you! Have a wondeful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, thank you for your comment this morning, on my Meek and Quiet Spirit poem. I came right to your blog and read several of your posts. I loved your post on the advantages of meekness,...and all of the verses blessed my heart and soul! I liked your recipes,...and your feminine posts,..and this one about in-put out-put. It is so true that we reap what we sow into our hearts and minds. I too wake up with songs on my mind,...and so does my husband. Sommetimes we have had the same song in our hearts. Isn't God amazing!!!!

    Have a very blessed day Sharon. Oh, and by the way, your little grandson Nolan Dallas is adorable. I was a grandma for the first time at age 40 and he is now 18 years old. Grandkids are such blessings.

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! God is so true to His word. When I am awakened in the middle of the night...for many reasons here...there is always a worship or praise song that God lays on my heart! I remember years ago when I was asking God for words to some songs for a vbs I was planning. They finally came to me in the middle of the night for a few weeks. I learned quick to have pencil and paper ready in the closet and write them down before I went back to sleep or I would not remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thoughts on how filling our minds with thoughts of the Lord
    is so crucial to our spiritual growth! Thanks for this reminder!
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete