Friday, July 31, 2009

Changed Lives

Today, I'm talking, again, about how the Word of God changes us. Last Friday night my husband and I attended a graduation banquet for Teen/Life Challenge graduates. Teen/Life Challenge is a faith based program to change the lives of those suffering from life controlling issues/addictions. It was started by David Wilkerson. You may have seen the movie or read the book, "The Cross and the Switchblade". It's the story of how it started. This program has the highest success rate of any drug rehab program. One thing I know about T/L Challenge, is that they drill the scriptures into these people. They also have each man choose a life scripture to stand on. One pastor who was at the banquet told how God had changed his life through life challenge. He also said that after the many years of being out and pastoring, he still remembered and stood on "his" scripture. I loved sitting and listening to man after man come up and give his testimony of how God had changed and restored his life. As we left, I said to my husband, "Some of these men may choose to return to their former lifestyle when they leave, but they'll never be able to get away from the Word of God that's been instilled in them." The last song that the mens choir sang that night was, "He's Still God!"

Psalm 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. We have Teen Challenge in our city also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon,

    It sounds like a good way to spend a night out. My sister read The Cross and the Switchblade to me when I was sixteen...it's been awhile...about 29 years ago!

    Thanks for your recent comments on my blog. I do enjoy hearing from you.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete