Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Poor Stories"

Are you afraid of how your poor financial situation right now might affect your children? Are you unable to provide all the things that you would like to for them? Well, don't worry about it too much, you may be helping your kids create some GREAT poor stories!
When my oldest son, Jonathan was working in the office at the university here in town, he came home one day telling me about the great time he and a fellow worker had that day talking about the things their families did when they were younger and didn't have much money. One of his stories was about what a big deal it was to get to go to McDonald's once in a while when we were in town running errands. We would buy two .69 cent hamburgers and 2 fries and split them between the four of us (3 kids and mom)and have water for everyone. Now that was fun! Well, he and his co-worker were having so much fun telling their stories and rolling with laughter that another young man working in the office said that he felt left out. He didn't have any " poor stories" to tell. Poor guy!

Philippians 4:11-12 "...I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. "

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say rejoice."

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon,

    Hello there! I saw that you had popped by my blog, and thought I'd return the favor! What a wonderful resource you have for all of us mothers and wives! And your little grandson is just darling.

    Hope you have a wonderful, not too hot day!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. "poor stories" can be some of the greatest memories we have, it shows how resourceful we can be when we don't have the money for what we want to buy. I guess I'm blessed because I can think of quite a few "poor stories" while growing up, and even since I've been married- but no bad memories- only good ones!
    Julianne:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting perspective! I've often thought about how the 2 Espressos will someday remember living in Grandma and Grandpa's basement!! Espresso often thanks God for providing a shelter for us. Precious!

    Glad to "meet" you!

    www.homeward4.blogspot.com
    www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete