Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Battle Field of the Mind

The enemy of our soul knows just where and how to attack us, to drag us down, or sometimes just to keep us from progressing or being profitable in our practical life or spiritual life. So often, he uses distracting thoughts that keep us from what is important to be focusing on at the time. Every battle begins in the mind. They don't even have to be evil thoughts (he's sly), but if they're keeping us from what we should be thinking about, or doing, they're not good. Last week I was going through just this kind of battle. The Holy Spirit reminded me of this scripture:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight ,O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

I looked up the meaning to these key words:
meditation - close or continued thought; the turning or revolving of a subject in the mind; serious contemplation.
heart - secret thoughts, recesses of the mind
acceptable - that may be received with pleasure; hence pleasing to a receiver; gratifying.

Hmmm! Are the thoughts that are going over and over in our minds actually bringing pleasure to God?

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

2 comments:

  1. Learning to battle the mind, and to be honest, tell it to be quiet and let my faith work!

    Sharon, I wanted to thank you for being a part of my first year of blogging! What a wonderful year it has been. I'm throwing a little party and as an honored guest, I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/04/cactus-happy.html

    Cactus Happy,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this much needed
    beautiful, thought provoking post!

    Love~ Jen

    ReplyDelete