Sunday, September 22, 2024

God's Not in a Hurry

From my journal on 9/20/24:
"It seems God is speaking to me today about His timing.  Nicky and I are at a couples getaway with our church in Glen Rose.  This afternoon while riding around with another couple, she and I were talking about how busy we always are. I shared with her something I had read recently in a time management Bible Study about how Jesus was always busy but never in a hurry. In Mark 11:11 Jesus went into the temple courts, looked around, but since "it was already late" he waited until the next day to drive out the money  changers.  She brought up how Jesus didn't go to Lazurus' house until Lazarus had already died. He then went to the tomb and commanded he come out. Tonight at "The Promise", a reenactment of Jesus' life, there was a scene where Jairus asked Jesus to come to his house and heal his daughter. On the way, Jesus was talking with  and healing others. Jairus' daughter died before Jesus got there. Jesus continued to his house and healed her. There was also the scene of Jesus bringing Lazarus from the dead. I was so moved by these scenes. The Holy Spirit was impressing on me so strongly that Jesus does everything  in His time! Even when it seems too late. Lazarus was already dead, Jairus' daughter was already dead, Jesus  didn't seem to hurry to get there, everything happened according to His plan and His timing. Death was not the end, it just wasn't His time yet. And like Karen Wheaton's podcast a friend sent me this morning said, when it seems like things are darker than they have ever been, like all hope is gone, that is when Jesus shows up on the scene. It's not that He's not coming... it's just not time for His miracle yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment